Red Star Bakers Active Dry Yeast
( PRODUCT CODE #15700, 15800, 15903 )
Red Star® Active Dry Yeast is a special culture of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The moisture is removed in such a way that cell viability and leavening power are retained. This results in a granular form of yeast designed to be rehydrated before use.
1. Optimum yeast performance and product quality.
2. Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency,
and minimal activity loss until opened.
3. Unopened, Red Star® Active Dry Yeast packages
need no refrigeration.
4. Consistent activity.
Red Star® Active Dry Yeast can be used in all yeast-leavened goods with either straight or sponge doughs. It is normally applied in a ratio of 40% to 50% of compressed yeast weight requirements, depending on the sugar content and type of dough. Active dry
yeast should be rehydrated with a minimum of 3.5 to 4.0 times its weight in water at 38-43°C. (100-110°F.).
Red Star® Active Dry Yeast is certified Kosher Parve.
Red Star® Active Dry Yeast is available in a variety of
package sizes to fit your baking needs:
• 1 - 50 lb. vacuum-packed foil Code 15800
• 20 - 1 lb. vacuum-packed foil Code 15903
• 12 - 2 lb. vacuum-packed foil Code 15700
• Shelf life of unopened product stored at room
temperature is 18 months for 50 lb packages and 24
months for 1 lb. and 2 lb. packages
• Refrigeration is not required for unopened packages.
• Once opened, keep package tightly closed and store
under refrigeration at 45ºF.
• Allow product to temper to room temperature prior to
rehydration and use.
Lesaffre gives you the broadest line of bakers dry yeast and dough conditioners in the baking industry and backs it with an experienced technical staff. Our Bakers Hotline is available for your questions: (414) 615-4094.